Galway, C IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Strategic Advisors Technology (SAT) is looking for a full stack Software Engineer to work in one of the most strategic programs in Fidelity which is a key driver of Fidelity’s future success. We are looking for an individual who continually strives to advance engineering excellence and innovation.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Flair for writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with middleware Java stack, web containers and messaging
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment, with exposure to continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Passionate about engineering excellence with a strong understanding of object-orientated programming.
The Purpose of Your Role
You will actively contribute to the code base while collaborating with multi discipline team members and customers. You’ll use your critical thinking skills to translate storyboards and use cases into applications that give Fidelity a strategic edge.
The Skills You Bring
- You can design and write thin client code (significant, recent, modern JS experience) and are comfortable with working with modern JS tooling/frameworks (ideally Angular)
- You can also write server side code, and have a solid grasp of OO principals.
- You can deliver maintainable, extensible, easily usable and performant solutions
- You understand how to operate in an Agile environment and be an effective member of a team
- You understand how to deliver using an Acceptance Test-Driven development (ATDD) approach
- You identify bottlenecks and bugs, and work to solve them
- You are committed to collaborative problem solving and communication
- You know legacy monolithic architecture and how to convert to a micro service based architecture.
The Value You Deliver
- You will lead design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and that are aligned to the program’s strategic direction
- You will lead application design efforts, participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- You will fully engage in product quality plan efforts, including test case development, design and code reviews and regression testing.
- You will contribute to enhancing engineering practice in the areas of ATDD and CI/CD.
- You will engage with a global team of developers in pushing best practices for software engineering.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.