Dublin, L IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Visual Designer (Contract)
1803992 - Senior Visual Designer (Contract)
Contract: 6 Month Contract
We are currently looking for experienced Visual Designers to join our Dublin based team. In this role, you will work with a team of UX Designers, User Researchers, Content Strategists and UX Developers to create responsive designs for our Global Benefits suite. You will need the creativity to scope, architect and design, as well as the presentation skills to convey your vision to Fidelity executives.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- 4+ years’ experience a visual designer, UI/UX designer or a similar role.
- Degree (or relevant qualification) in a related field, such as Graphic Design/Visual Communications or Interactive Design.
- Experience designing:
- Responsive/adaptive websites.
- Large, transaction-oriented or web-based applications.
- Data visualizations & info graphics.
- Experience working within a distributed/remote team.
- Portfolio essential.
The Skills You Bring
- Creativity, imagination and a sense of humor.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Collaborative work style.
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize, facilitate or participate in stakeholder & fusion workshops.
- Experience creating wireframes, sitemaps and interactive prototypes to illustrate visual concepts.
- Experience creating visual designs that leverage and extend established brand standards.
- Ability to document detailed designs for signoff and handover, and support the project team during development and QA.
- Familiarity with user research methods, such as lab, remote and online testing, A/B testing, web analytics.
- Expertise with design software such as Axure, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Experience with Tableau, D3, or other data visualization technologies & libraries.
- Travel, when required, for workshops, stakeholder interviews and user testing.
- In-depth understanding of HTML and CSS with the basics in HTML5.
- Familiarity with Accessibility/Section 508 guidelines.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira.
- Experience working within an Agile development methodology.
- Experience creating designs for native mobile applications.
- Experience with participatory design (e.g. Design Thinking).
The Value You Deliver
- Translating business goals and customer needs into an excellent customer experience.
- Ability to prioritize design issues based on the impact to the user experience and advocate for changes based on that priority.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate the value and rationale of design decisions to business and technology partners.
- Collaborating with our user research team to research user needs, and test and refine our designs.
- Collaborating with our development team to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
- Representing UXD with senior business & technical partners – advocate value of user centered design and establish good working relationships.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Our User Experience Design (UXD) team (200+ UX professionals across US & Dublin) works collaboratively with our business and technology teams to design and deliver online experiences that enable our customers’ financial success.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.