Dublin, L IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
1803993 - Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
Location: CityWest, Dublin
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ software development experience in front end and services (REST, SOAP).
- Google GoLang would be an advantage.
- Experienced in Test Automation and CI/CD.
- Experienced Agile (Scrum, Kanban) practitioner. Pair and/or mob programming an advantage.
- Experience with workflow products an advantage.
The Purpose of Your Role
The Ireland team has responsibility for design, development and implementation of all aspects of the XTRAC platform for both internal and external customers. This includes new features implemented in Java, AngularJS, REST, Google Go and Apex (Salesforce). Protractor is used for front-end test automation and Cucumber for services.
The Skills You Bring
This role requires good interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, a team player attitude with attention to detail, and willingness to take ownership of assigned projects. This delivery oriented candidate must be able to respond to rapid change, working in a fast-paced Agile environment and demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills while producing value added results.
The Value You Deliver
- Work in a front-end development team.
- Mentor and oversee more junior developers.
- Write high quality code and automated end to end and unit tests. Be able to write REST services as needed.
- Review pull requests (code reviews) of developers and test engineers and give constructive feedback.
- Participate in story grooming and sizing, ensuring stories are ready to work on in the sprint.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills, be motivated, be results oriented, customer-focused, and have strong problem solving skills.
- Follow Agile and TDD for process, architecture, design, code and testing.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
XTRAC is Fidelity's workflow product. It uses configured business rules to automatically route work items to the right people, for processing. Work items are defined to take a path that mirrors the company’s business operations, with different paths for different types of work. Using XTRAC, people can initiate work from customer requests, attach notes, correspondence, and documents, and split, transfer, link, or suspend work items.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.