Dublin, L IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Front End Engineer (Contract)
1803947 - Senior Front End Engineer (Contract)
Duration: 6 Month Contract
The Workplace Solutions development team has taken on project as part of a strategic global initiative within Fidelity.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years' industry experience in a software engineering capacity
- Enjoyed working on an Agile development team for at least one major project
The Purpose of Your Role
Workplace Solutions provides solutions to manage 3rd party company employee’s benefits. The team design and develop the product used by employees to maintain their benefit information. The team work into the product organisation and specific product owner(s) using Agile to deliver projects to production. The team works with other development teams in Dublin.
The Skills You Bring
- Extensive experience building responsive web applications.
- Experience using the Angular 4+ framework.
- Experience using Git and other SCM platforms.
- Experience of responsive front-end frameworks e.g. Bootstrap, Angular Material
- Experience consuming RESTful services.
- Experience of CSS pre-processors and extension languages such as SASS or SCSS.
- Experience of testing frameworks such as Karma, Protractor and Jasmine
Good to Haves
- Knowledge of the Cordova or Ionic mobile development framework.
- Knowledge of the NGRX design pattern.
- Knowledge of front-end web components e.g. Highcharts, DataTables etc.
- Knowledge of native code for Android devices using the Android SDK or for iOS devices using Objective-C or Swift.
- Knowledge of NodeJS and NPM.
- Web application development experience in Java/J2EE.
- Experience using Spring Framework to deliver MVC web/service layer applications.
The Value You Deliver
- Providing technical and team leadership in the UI tier with knowledge of application and service-tiers
- Researching new technologies independently and as part of a team to make judgment and recommendations for future releases.
- Translating business requirements into implementation processes by considering all alternatives and implementing the best strategy to ensure design meets performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Translating business requirements into a detailed design description.
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for UI tier development including change management, release management, & source code control.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Workplace Solutions systems group, designs, develops and implements high volume secure online products and services to meet market and Fidelity enterprise needs while establishing long-term competitive advantage in the workplace benefits space. As one of the 3 main Operational arms of Fidelity – Workplace Solutions goal is to be the most trusted service provider to our clients - be they the Company the employee works for or in the Mobile teams case – the end employee. You’ll work as part of a strategic global initiative.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.