Dublin, L IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior QA Engineer (Contract)
1803794 - Senior QA Engineer (Contract)
Duration: 6 Months
This is an exciting new role in a recently formed team within the Workplace Solutions (WS) Digital Platforms space. Working in a co-located team of 10 people on the high profile Global DC mobile project, we are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to provide QA deliverables and work in collaboration with developers from FMR and FIL.
The Expertise we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- ISTQB Certification
- 4-8 years of Software Quality Assurance or relevant experience desired
- Exposure to QA principles, system development, and agile methodology
- Experience in retirement plan administration or financial services a plus
- Experience of mobile technologies will be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work effectively with product development, external teams and management
The Purpose of Your Role
This role is part of the WS QA Ireland team which has over 20 team members and is part of the wider WS Technology Ireland team. This is a high performing and innovative team using the latest QA tools, technologies and techniques. Digital Platforms is one of the key verticals within WS Technology. There will be opportunities in this role to also work collaboratively with our Data Engineering team.
Our Digital Platforms provide NetBenefits® as the main homepage for our 30 million participants. NetBenefits® Mobile provides plan participants with a personalized homepage, trivia-style education, augmented reality, emotion recognition, and other emerging channels like AppleTV, firestick, Google Home, and Apple HomePod.
This role will be part of an agile team and will involve analysis of user stories. Testing is focused on ensuring that projects and products meet system quality standards by planning, designing, automating and executing the appropriate test cases. This includes developing and executing automation strategies, mining and manipulating test data, scripting and executing test cases, front-line triage of issues found during execution, and retesting of defects through resolution.
The Skills You Bring
- You will be an experienced QA practitioner working in agile methodology. However, your previous experience in Waterfall will be beneficial
- Your capability to coach and mentor less experienced members of the team will be extremely valuable
- You will be experienced in test automation (Selenium, Cucumber, Fitnesse, Git, Maven) is required
- You will bring experience of SQL to the team and at least one coding/scripting language should be known
- Experience with web services test tools desired (e.g. SoapUI, SOA Test)
- Experience with Jira is essential and HP QC / ALM is desired
- You will have a solid understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Your communication and interpersonal skills will be key to success in this role. A strong ability to maintain good working relationships with partners is essential
The Value You Deliver
- You will be delivering quality assurance for Digital Platforms and your overall experience of QA will come to the fore. You will be capable of building an end-to-end test strategy, determining exit criteria, contributing to our automation roadmap and have strong awareness of our audit compliance commitments.
- On a daily basis you will be delivering QA activities as part of a scrum team and your agile experience will be essential to size stories and assist with sprint planning.
- You will be collaborating with project team resources to understand and prioritize testing efforts
- You will also demonstrate your overall commitment to the wider WS QA Team by scanning for opportunities to bring the outside in and help keep WS QA at the forefront of QA innovation.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Workplace Solutions (WS) provides health and retirement planning to over 30 million participants. It generates enormous revenue for Fidelity and in 2017 delivered $70 Billion In Assets Under Administration sales.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.