Galway, C IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
1803395 – QA Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Galway team.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Foundational / Intermediate Software Test Accreditation in ISEB/ISTQB QA certification
- 1-3 years demonstrated Data Testing experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
The Purpose of Your Role
You will join the Centralized Automation and Quality Engineering Function within Fidelity’s Corporate Technology Group (CTG) providing Testing Services to the People Central team to assure their Deliveries.
We are seeking a quality assurance engineer with development knowledge and a passion for engineering and test automation. We are interested in someone who has data testing experience, is passionate about their craft and has an interest and ability to learn and develop using latest automation technologies and frameworks.
The Skills You Bring
- Experience with Development & QA processes, open source test frameworks and automating tests
- Experience with test automation for ETL / Data and analytics applications
- Strong SQL Skills (Query, inserts, updates, inner/outer joins)
- Experience of Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, testing tools.
- Experience with technologies to implement automation (Eclipse, Stash, Selenium, Fitness, TestNG)
- Agile Experience (Cross Functional Team, familiar with Agile Ceremonies and tools)
- Experience with Continuous integration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to act individually and as a team member in resolving problems.
- Experience testing across the technology stack
- Knowledge of test management systems including defect tracking, reporting and metrics.
- Understanding of all testing types: Unit testing, component testing, functional/acceptance tests, integration testing, non-functional testing, performance and automation
The Value You Deliver
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests to assess product quality and release readiness.
- Work with the other members of the scrum team to derive release testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability through self-directed task management.
- Design, implement and execute functional and automated test cases
- Facilitates reviews of test plans and test cases promoting continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate initiative to evaluate and recommend new tools and processes to enhance testing framework
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity’s Corporate Technology Group (CTG) provides solutions that enable critical business functions for Corporate Accounting, Finance, Compliance, Employee Communications, HR, Payroll and our IT Enablement Centre.
The QA organization in CTG comprises of more than 120 Associates, across the Globe and exists to support the successful delivery of products and services to its Business Partners by focusing on testing activities throughout the delivery lifecycle.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.