Dublin, L IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Director of Innovation & Design Strategy
- Have 10+ years of experience in Innovation Strategy & Execution/ Design Thinking / Design Research / Design Strategy
- Have been responsible for the successful implementation of an innovation strategy across a large diverse organization
- Experience teaching and applying Design Thinking principles, tools and application with a non-design audience
- Experience facilitating group workshops
- Possess the ability to design and execute qualitative research using a number of methods based on project goals and timelines
- Can inspire and co-ordinate a cross-disciplinary team in empathy work and ideation
- A synthesis star – ability to get to the “so what,” actionable insights, key frameworks and opportunity areas from research so the whole team can move forward
- A story-crafter and teller
- A Meaningful Leader – You can lead and influence others focused on teaching, thought-leadership and opportunity development. You are able to effectively motivate others and expand the value of Design Thinking
- Create a Vision and Execute – You can create a vision and approach to the application and scaling of innovation and design thinking across the firm. You can identify areas of greatest impact and manage to delivery.
- Communicating Purpose and Impact – You can effectively craft the story of the team’s work and the value created. You broker buy-in and enthusiasm from stakeholders at all levels.
- A Superb Collaborator - You inspire those around you, cultivate great relationships and generate energy and enthusiasm on teams and projects.
- A Courageous Innovator - You question the status-quo, instigate change and navigate ambiguity acting as a catalyst for change. You love to design experiments, test prototypes and take the learnings as a springboard for action and iteration.
The Value You Deliver
- Deep expertise in Innovation and Design Thinking strategies and practices
- Desire to be a mentor & teacher, inspiring others to achieve higher levels of innovation
- True concern for users and desire to make the world a better place for them
- A love of ambiguous problems and the ability to capture a clear and concise design strategy
- A high energy self-starter, collaborator & communicator with an experimental, can-do mindset
- An inspirational visual thinker and storyteller
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Coaching Human Centered Design: We draw methods and frameworks from Design Thinking, Lean Startup and business strategy to inspire teams towards breakthrough ideas and spread a human centered mindset, firm-wide.
Inspiring & Innovating: We are building and extending our culture of innovation, from small incremental innovation to transformative new products and services. We believe innovation is a value, a mindset – it’s how you work not what you do – and our team inspires others to maximize their potential and find new ways to doing things
Unlocking Opportunity: Our incubator teams identify and articulate unmet needs and experiment with opportunities at the intersections of finance, technology, work, currency, health, global business, data etc. We build and shape new business models or transition new value to our existing business.