Dublin, L IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Corporate Actions Representative IV
1802995 - Corporate Actions Representative IV
Working Hours: 10:30 - 19:00
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- 2-4 years of financial services experience, preferably in mutual fund operations with exposure to Corporate Actions
- 2+ years of Corporate Actions and/or Mutual Fund Accounting experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong skills in various PC software applications to include Microsoft, Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The Purpose of Your Role
The Corporate Actions Representative IV is responsible for certain daily tasks associated with fulfilling the departments policies associated with functional areas within corporate actions. The Associate may assist business partners with escalations and requests to expedite pending items and is responsible for escalating to Team Lead or Manager accordingly and analyse and with some management assistance corporate action announcements and the implications therein. This role collaborates with the Team Lead to provide feedback for improving the efficiency and service offerings of the department.
The Skills You Bring
- Some knowledge of business processing functions within one or more of the corporate actions functional areas
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to recognize high risk items and escalate those items or seek assistance to minimize loss to either the shareholder and or/Fidelity
- Time management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of project management principles
The Value You Deliver
- Responsible for certain daily tasks associated with fulfilling the departments policies associated with functional area within corporate actions
- Enhance knowledge or skill set within their functional area through personal development
- Assist business partners with escalations and requests to expedite pending items by collaborating with Team Lead
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of functional area adequate to offer guidance to less experienced associates, to handle complex scenarios, and to perform problem resolution
- Provide high quality customer service
- Provide management the support structure needed to develop department proficiency for all associates and for improving the efficiency and service offerings of the department
- Perform peer review of deliverables including accounting processing, foreign exchange, various reporting deliverables, etc.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Custody Services Division acts as a servicing centre for FMR Co.’s trading desks globally, facilitating the confirmation and settlement of security and currency transactions with brokers and custodian banks, and providing daily cash estimates to Trading. It is also responsible for coordinating corporate action executions, ensuring the collection of income to the Funds, resolving position differences and facilitating securities lending activities. This team is responsible for all aspects of corporate action research and processing for assets across the approximately $1.5 trillion worth of assets under management, including actions cumulatively affecting securities worth in excess of $1 billion at a given time.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.