Dublin, L IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Communications Manager
1802937 - Senior Communications Manager
The Senior Manager is responsible for designing, delivering and managing a variety of internal and external communications. This role requires the ability to thoroughly understand the nuances of the groups/initiatives being supported and to develop deep working relationships across the company. The Senior Manager needs to be capable of working closely with all levels of the organization, particularly with senior leaders, to champion and apply functional best practices in support of strategic organizational initiatives.
The role is based in our Dublin office and is expected to involve regular travel to Galway.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- 8+ years professional experience in communications/marketing-related or management consulting field, preferably in a financial services, technology or corporate environment. Agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or journalism/media required. MBA or other Master’s degree a plus.
- Proven project management experience.
- Strong social media skills.
- The ideal candidate would have experience of working in a global, matrixed operating environment.
The Purpose of Your Role & Value You Deliver
Internal Communications and Employee Engagement:
- Input to the creation and implementation of effective and engaging internal communications experiences, strategies, plans, and messaging that align with and support business partner goals and key Fidelity initiatives.
- Manage, assess and report on the progress and effectiveness of communications and branding strategies and plans.
- Manage Communications Tools, Channels & Projects - Manage processes and relationships to create, maintain and continuously improve high quality internal and external communications.
- Develop original and creative audience-focused content for a variety of communication channels, executives, and business partners. Develop and distribute a variety of messages through written, electronic, video and face-to-face communication channels. Work under tight deadlines while managing expectations and partners. Be comfortable bringing new ideas to the table and working through the processes to deliver valuable outcomes.
- Manage the design and delivery of large-scale meetings/conferences/events.
- Executive Relationships: Establish and build healthy working relationships with business partners to understand the business needs and goals of the organization and/or critical cross-Fidelity technology initiatives.
External Communications & Media Relations:
- Working in close partnership with our Corporate Media Relations Team and taking a lead from them, this position helps monitor the media environment and determine appropriate engagement opportunities with external media.
- Identify target media opportunities that align with our business interests and broader branding strategies. Develop and implement robust programs to periodically engage with external media outlets in support of Fidelity Ireland’s branding and recruiting activities. Liaises with media representatives on story direction and facts/figures required.
- On reactive media efforts, this person works with the Corporate Media Relations Team to assess reporter needs, story direction, and appropriateness for Fidelity. He/she then engages with Corporate Media Relations to determine whether Fidelity should participate, and if deemed beneficial to participate, partners with them to identify a business unit spokesperson, creates messaging and relevant data/proof points for the opportunity, manages the interview process, and reports out on the end result to interested parties.
- Manages social media content from development through to publishing.
- Strategic Relationships - Maintain strategic relationships with internal partners such as Fidelity Media Relations, Fidelity Corporate Communications and with external partners such as External Media Outlets.
- Measurement - Identify and implement appropriate measurement and analysis of program effectiveness.
The Skills You Bring
- Comfort interacting with senior level executives and their leadership teams - demonstrated ability to work across multiple functions and levels.
- Demonstrated competence in writing for a variety of audiences and in a variety of styles (including ability to ghost write for social media channels) coupled with excellent editing and oral communication/presentation skills with the ability to deliver creative and quality output within tight timeframes and under ambiguous parameters.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail coupled with the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy and simplify and translate complex business issues for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent verbal communication skills - ability to synthesize complex information and prepare concise, compelling presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and positive under pressure.
- Execution-oriented with proven ability to achieve targeted results - capacity to handle high volume of activity in fast-paced environment and strong prioritization and project management skills.
- Proven comfort working independently to meet specifications and deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and control communications programs and projects, ensuring efficient utilization of financial, technical, professional and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
- Organizational Navigation – quickly learns the dynamics of the organization and builds relationships and partnerships that help achieve organizational objectives. Knows how to get things done. Must possess strong analytical, research and project management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Familiarity with HTML skills and Adobe Creative Suite. Proven ability to learn new domains and tools quickly and independently.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.