Galway, C IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Software Engineer (Contract)
1802675 - Software Engineer (Contract)
Duration: 6 months
This is an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer of a global delivery team to drive standards of excellence in solution delivery on a platform that directly enables Fidelity’s business by facilitating the management of over $200 Billion of Assets under Management.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 4-6 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, with at least 4 years of development experience in middle tier technologies
- Desired skillset Java, Spring, RESTful services
- Experience in developing web services (SOAP and/or REST)
- Experience working with Oracle databases using SQL
- Experience with ORM frameworks (e.g. iBATIS, MyBatis)
- Experience with JUnit and use of mocking frameworks, such as jMock, Mockito
- Experience with Agile delivery principles and practices
- Full project life cycle experience, including requirements, design, development, system test, user acceptance testing
Additional skills desired, but not mandatory:
- Continuous Integration Practices and Tools incl. Jenkins, uDeploy
- Automation Testing using BDD, with frameworks like Cucumber, Fitnesse
- Knowledge of the Financial Services
The Purpose of Your Role
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Global Asset Allocation (GAA), a division of Asset Management Technology, develops and supports research, portfolio construction and investment operation applications, is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to work on its PM Platform delivery team. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic agile (scrum) development environment, be a member of a team with a focus on improving practices such as TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery and engineering excellence. We are seeking an engineer who is versatile and eager to tackle new problems. This position is intended for an individual contributor who has strong engagement skills, the ability to work within a cross-functional Agile scrum team, a knowledge of the financial services industry and experience in communicating with and influencing senior business partners.
The Skills You Bring
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision and be a team player
- Collaborative in your approach, actively contributing to how work gets completed.
- Familiarity with batch type processing is desired.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment
The Value You Deliver
- Deliver high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Work with product analyst to review requirements and provide solution estimates
- Work with engineers across the wider project to coordinate on solution approaches
- Comply with architectural and coding standards
- Work with your team to plan delivery tasks and to track adherence to the plan
- Raise issues in a timely manner and take steps to address
- Follow and contribute to improvements in the team’s agile and engineering practices.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business domain you are working on and effectively lead technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Provide 3rd level production support, where and when necessary.