Galway, C IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
1802186 – Application Site Reliability Engineer
Working Hours: Standard 40 with once monthly weekend on-call responsibility
The position itself requires a strong background in application solutions, development release pipelines and infrastructure support; with familiarity of cloud computing a bonus.
This is a very interesting position with exposure to the core Fidelity financial business applications, comprised of both custom and 3rd party products.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Third Level Qualification in IT or related field
- Five or more years’ experience in a joint application development and support related role
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Minimum of Three years’ experience with client/server applications
- Experience of supporting distributed UNIX environments
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- You will part of a globally distributed team of engineers (Ireland, Indian and US based), operating a follow-the-sun support model.
The Purpose of Your Role
You will help the team meets its SLA commitments to both internal and external partners in ensuring the highest quality and frequency of stock pricing and related financial market news.
The Skills You Bring
- Experience with shell scripts and/or PERL/Python scripting
- SQL and/or Oracle Database experience
- Network topology understanding
- Knowledge of working in an Agile Environment
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence/JIRA
- Customer incident communication and resolution
- Dashboard value creation (via splunk/tableau tools etc)
- Knowledge of application release cycles
- Knowledge of designing scalable systems
- Awareness of both current and emerging technologies
- Strong desire to innovate and develop future technologies
- Experience of supporting cloud based applications a bonus
The Value You Deliver
You must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are building and eager to produce world-class services. You should enjoy working on eclectic technologies in a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization. You should have an appetite and appreciation for new technologies and their disruptive influence.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Fidelity Market Data Group provides real-time data technology solutions for stock market quoting, charting, and news access throughout the entire Fidelity enterprise. Our Triple-A rated services are essential to Fidelity’s core businesses, facilitating the data demands of fund managers and retail customers alike.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.