Galway, C IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Developer - Java (Contract)
1801861 - Senior Software Developer (Contract)
Duration: 6 months
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to contribute to the development of a public facing trading application. The successful candidate will join the FIAM division of Fidelity Brokerage Technology. The Galway based team has ownership for delivery of multiple UI applications to Fidelity External and Internal customers.
The Expertise we Are Looking For
- Object Oriented Software development experience and associated development languages
- Languages, platform utilities and tools to include:
- Languages: Java/JEE, REST & SOAP services
- Frameworks & Tools: Spring , AngularJs, Jasmine, Selenium, BDD, Junit, Cucumber
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort following the best practices of agile development.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and be a team player
- Full understanding of the software development process including exposure to test automation, integration and user-acceptance testing
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in a computer-related field
The Purpose of Your Role
You will be a member of a co-located scrum team, with other software engineers, quality assurance engineers and systems analysts tasked with delivering valuable business features every two weeks.
The Skills You Bring
- You will develop high quality, simple, maintainable software solutions
- Promote Agile development practices
- Resolve issues and/or identify approaches to solutions
- Help to improve engineering, architectural and coding standards
- Be a highly engaged member of the team - participate in all facets of the delivery process
The Value You Deliver
- Focus on customer: Demonstrate understanding of customer's business domain.
- Continuously improve technical competency: Demonstrate knowledge and application of current technologies.
- Model Fidelity's Values: Honesty & Integrity, Employee Respect, Quality & Excellence
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Fidelity Institutional Asset Management business is embarking on a multi-year strategic initiative to improve it’s Digital capability and help ‘Win the Customer Journey’. The work the team in Ireland will complete will align directly with this strategy.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.