Galway, C IE
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Software Engineer .NET (Contract)
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- A software engineer who is passionate about their craft and has an interest and ability to learn and develop using latest web technologies and frameworks
- Experience with C# programming language
- A good level of experience in SharePoint development is very advantageous as the primary focus of this role will be working with SharePoint
- Ability to learn is vital –Microsoft Azure, Office 365, front end development
- Familiarity with the following is an advantage but not required: Java, JSP, Spring MVC framework, AJAX.
The Purpose of Your Role
- You will join a global team of people who are currently engaged on a multi-year strategy to design and deliver a range of new functionality for our business partners and Fidelity associates. Your role is a key contributor to all facets of the delivery process aligned to this strategy.
Contribute to technical analysis and design of our SharePoint application projects and to assist in our efforts of moving to SharePoint Online.
The Skills You Bring
- Your positivity and strength in working within a team of highly talented engineers
- Your passion for learning and leveraging our professional development programs to grow your career
Your understanding of best practice agile development
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Your customer focus and strong problem solving skills
The Value You Deliver
- Contribute to technical analysis and design of .NET projects by designing and developing high quality, innovative, maintainable software solutions
- Resolving issues and/or identifying approaches to solutions
- Complying with and helping to improve engineering, architectural and coding standards
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
You will be contributing directly to the rollout of features for the Fidelity corporate intranet site, one of the key tools in achieving employee engagement, employee productivity, and disseminating communications from senior Fidelity leadership to more than 40,000 associates.